Wednesday, April 30, 2014


Currently, there is a high pressure ridge sitting over our route to the Azores which create low/no wind or wind on the nose.  So as we wait out our weather window, we are closely managing the systems that we will use under way.  Communication is important, not only for family and friends but in case of emergency, we want to have as many mechanisms as possible to get help.

So, Baxter and I have a Spot Connect as we did on the passage from the BVI and will send a daily email to anyone interested detailing our position and status (as much as 45 characters allows).  In addition, Daniel also has a Spot that he has used that will be our "redundant" backup.

If you would like to be included on the emails, just let us know and we will add you to the list.  If you would prefer just to check our position periodically, here is a link to our SPOT page.  If you want to bookmark it, each day should have a new update.

All four five (WOOF!) of us are so excited and ready to get underway!

Start Line

It's hard to wait in Antigua, but we will suffer through...

Swimming laps every morning

Could be worse…


EandL Schwiebert said...

Baxter and Molly, Please add us if not too difficult. ( We would love to follow your progress, and hope not to see the sharp angle turn we observed during the SD Rally! Chris Parker does Transatlantic weather routing. Are you using his services? Travel well, safely, and as fast as you want!

Sabrina and Tom said...

Please add us to the list.

Post a Comment