Thursday, May 30, 2013

Adios Deltaville!

Today, we are leaving Deltaville, Va and sailing direct to Block Island, RI on our longer term plan to explore New England this season.

We have been delayed several day due to weather and are chomping at the bit to get sailing We've spent 2.5 months getting Terrapin ready and know that things are going to break and fail but we're prepared to handle those issues. It's all part of the journey, we must remember.

We expect to be offshore for 3-4 days depending on the wind and seas.  There are a couple of high pressure ridges kicking up the winds but we hope to avoid those and that the forecast is mostly accurate.

This is a snapshot of Thurs morning at 8 am.  Nice wind from the SW all the way.

Following seas (shown in meters)

No comments:

Post a Comment