Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Wait for it... wait for it…

Early this morning we provisioned, fueled and watered the boat. While we were provisioning we got an email from our weather router, WRI, Inc., recommending delaying our departure until the 11th due to a trough of low pressure/tropical wave just to the west of our route that will produce a lot of showers/squalls.

"Good morning, and thanks for your latest. If you left on the 07th, there would be winds to 30kts and swells to 9ft. Leaving on the 08th, there would be winds to 25kts and swells to 7ft or so. For both departures, there would be numerous showers/squalls for the first 3-4 days of trip with locally gusty winds. If you are under an increasing time crunch, then we would recommend the 08th over the 07th, though delaying until the 11th would allow more time for the system to move away (it will be a slow mover)."

No doubt we will have squally weather on the trip but we don't feel any need to leave in it. We're probably going to St. Barths tomorrow to have some fun and get a change of scenery from Antigua.

It's great being ready to go at a moment's notice and also nice to have the advantage WRI looking at convective activity in addition to the GRIBS.

Molly and Dan storing food.

Customs!

A very full dinghy. 

Panoramic Terrapin Interior.

Dan has decided to live on GORP for 4 weeks...







1 comment:

  1. It's great being ready to go at a moment's notice and also nice to have the advantage WRI looking at convective activity in addition to the GRIBS. haha, GRIBS!!!! NICE!!!! You guys are gonna have a blast! Cant wait to hear how the auto furl does!

    ReplyDelete